Sunday, October 01, 2006

Anastasia Island, part 2

The best part about our walk on the beach was how few other people there were around us. Most of the beach was pretty much deserted. It was really, really nice.

There were actually a few nice looking shells on the beach, since so few people were there to scoop them up. This one was broken, but I thought it looked neat anyway.

I had never touched a live starfish before. Actually, I thought this guy was dead until I picked him up and he started wiggling. There were actually a bunch of them around.

Another thing I can't remember seeing before: baby seagulls. They're really cute. The gulls here didn't seem as aggressive as the ones at somewhere like Clearwater Beach, where they'll peck your eyes out to get your Wheat Thins.

Check out Adam's footprints in the wet sand. He was heading up to the sand dune that seperates the beach from the salt marsh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

??
Thanks :-)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home